Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best way to learn the photoshop programs, trial and error, online tutorials, or buying a book? I?

3 different programs, corel paint pro x, photoshop elements 5, and photoshop cS2.. i am a novice so i am looking for the easiest method.What is the best way to learn the photoshop programs, trial and error, online tutorials, or buying a book? I?
Try buying tutorial books online.What is the best way to learn the photoshop programs, trial and error, online tutorials, or buying a book? I?
2 ways either use youtube or buy from amazon.com
The easiest method is the tutorials, second the books,(although I would have liked both). I learned the trial, and error method in Photoshop. Perused free tutorials on the web, and also from Watch and Learn Photoshop.com,(weekly,free). Took me about 6 months of playing around to get to a point where I can do just about anything I want. Still playing with Adobe Imagemaker, Photoshop's 'paired up' free partner. Do I know all about Photoshop now? I would be a liar if I said yes, as you learn something everytime you use it, which makes it sooooooooo cool! If I may say so myself I can do some AMAZING things already! With tutorials you can greatly speed up the process, depends on the person of course. I think you'll do great! If you should get frustrated with something, email me.


Some sites to check out:


1.Good Tutorials.com


2.Adobe.com/Photoshop


3.Watch %26amp; Learn Photoshop


4.PSWorkshop.net


5.Photoshopdigest.com


6.Photocamel.com/forum/image editing color management/Photoshoptips tutorial sites,(this is not an exact address, you'll find it in Photocamel.com's forum, you'll see!)


7.eSCRAPPERS.com


One site will lead you to another, and so on, tips and tutorials!


This is just a TIP of the iceberg for free advice on the net!
i learn from online tutorials. it's step-by-step and with pictures so it's easy to know what to do. try www.webdesigns.org
You can try Youtube. They have tutorials etc and most of them are pretty short, about 5-10 minutes long. Just type in photoshop.That way, you dont have to stend a penny.
hmm.. the best way is to have a book, and trial and error..


nothing beats hands on experience..


also, try mingling on the other icons to familiarize yourself on what you can do..better yet, try to have some exercises wherein you have to copy or have a finished product almost the same as in an excercise..


happy learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment