Friday, January 8, 2010

Where can I find some really good resources, help topics, and tutorials for learning computer programming?

Ok, so I have yet another question pertaining to computer programming *I'm on a roll!*





I am an absolute beginner at computer programming, and I want to get started THIS SECOND! Lets just say I have an experience level of 0, although that is not true, I want to start at the very beginning. The only experience I have had with programming and writing any type of code is HTML, actionscript, and a little (I mean extremely little) bit of experience with asp.net, c#, and c++ (all from just messing around).





I would really like to begin learning right away, but I don't have a clue where to start! Not to brag, but I do know a lot about computers...I am a geek...lol. I learned HTML from W3Schools, online tutorials, and by experimental methods, and I learned actionscript strictly from online tutorials, then most of it just came to me. I just cannot seem to find that edge to begin learning how to program in other languages or even which language to begin with!





I downloaded Microsoft's Visual Studio Express 2008 Edition, which includes Visual C#, Visual Basic, Visual C++, and Visual Web Developer. I don't know if I made a good move in downloading this software studio, but the programs are very nice, although I don't know much about actually creating stuff in them!





I read about object oriented programming...what is that?? I also asked a question on here yesterday about the best language to begin to learn. Most said C++ but I thought BASIC was the most ';basic'; language and the easiest to learn?





I am basically a newbie eager to learn but I need some guidance to get going! Can you recommend a few good *active* online forums, tutorial websites, ebooks, and books for the beginner programmer?





I really appreciate all the help I can get!


Thanks!Where can I find some really good resources, help topics, and tutorials for learning computer programming?
In order:





1. College (the teachers are usually more than welcome to let you sit in on lectures, if there's room)


2. Your local library. (preferably a college/university library).


3. http://www.amazon.com (they have reviews)


4. http://www.google.com (the biggest resource on the net)


5. http://www.ebay.com





good luck.Where can I find some really good resources, help topics, and tutorials for learning computer programming?
I came across a very good mobile programming site http://www.androidph.com. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment