Friday, January 8, 2010

Where do you go to get tutorials on learning about computer programs?

Say I want to learn about pictures, Publisher, Word and website updating. OK don't say it, just whisper it. Please help me I feel so stupid and need to know more about computers. It seems even kids are geniuses and suddenly I became a dumabarse.Where do you go to get tutorials on learning about computer programs?
How about through school? Also there are lots of good basic books out there, you could look into those. Some you might want to try are the ';For Dummies'; series, don't take that as meaning that you are dumb, it's just meant to be written for people who don't want to have to learn all the technical stuff, but rather how to best use the programs, that is regular people.





Don't feel dumb, either, because even though some of those kids are geniuses, there's a lot of stuff they don't know, and one of the things is that they DON'T know everything.





Also, we all start somewhere. I'm old enough to remember using a typewriter. There was actually a time when I had no idea what the word ';software'; meant. And although I already have a degree, I am back at school 30+ years later going for a degree in graphic design, and having to learn a lot of computer stuff. I have classmates that could be my kids, and even though they grew up using computers and I didn't, there are some things I know much better than they do, and it's sometimes basic stuff!





Do you have any of the programs you want to learn? Or can you use them for learning at school? It always helps if you have the programs. Also if you want to learn Photoshop I can give you some of the basics for that, and point you at some great tutorial sites.





Good luck, please don't think you're stupid. In some ways you're smarter than some of the genius kids because you know to ask how to learn what you don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment